We can honestly say that our resale shop has been green from the start!
Secondhand and Resale Shops are Green Businesses
Resale shops like AZ Kidz n More are the oldest kind of green businesses. Everything in here is recycled to resell, reuse, and in some cases, repurpose.
For example, dog owners often come to us for baby gates to use in housebreaking new puppies. More than one has left with a few Beanie Babies for their furry kids! Older kids and adults dig around for toys to use in art projects and take apart and rebuild into something new.
Many customers need a car seat or stroller for a visiting grandchild or great-nephew/niece.
Our family-owned consignment business offers gently-used clothes, toys, books, shoes, and other items someone has outgrown. Inventory comes from families around the Valley. Many are customers as well as partners and turn to us for newer items their growing kids need.
We’re a great way to help you de-clutter your home, too. Your kids outgrow toys as quickly as clothing, so if they’re in good condition, give us a call to schedule a drop-off.
If your items can’t consign, we will contact you to pick them up. If you don’t want them, they will be given to a local organization that operates domestic violence safe houses here in town.
Why Visit a Resale Shop?
Resale shops aren’t just less expensive than department stores. They’re more fun! You don’t know exactly what you’ll find each time you come to AZ Kidz n More, but we can guarantee you will have fun looking around: up at the ceiling, where our dragons hang out waiting for a new home, and down under the racks where you might spy a nice table or two-drawer nightstand.
Here are some other reasons we encourage you to embrace resale shopping:
- It keeps money in the community. A portion of each purchase goes back to the consigning
family. And we are a family business run by a mother and son. (The cat doesn’t do much.)
- It’s easier to spot quality. Although we carefully review everything before we put it on the floor to make sure it functions, is clean, and is safe, you can tell which items really did stand up to year-over-year use.
- You’ll find brand names at a fraction of the original cost. Keep your kids looking great without dropping a load of cash!
- New items arrive each day. Our customers drop off items just about every day of the week. It’s hard to keep up with them but we love it!
- Secondhand shopping seems to put people in a recycling frame of mind, and that’s good for everyone. No one can escape the environment so we all need to do what we can.
Support Local Recycling Efforts in Scottsdale
Scottsdale runs a residential recycling program for single-family homes. If you live in a multi-family home, your community can also participate, as our neighbors at Park Scottsdale II have done for a few years now. Learn more at Scottsdale’s recycling website where you can ask for a recycling container.
The city of Scottsdale sponsors a drop-off for items that shouldn’t be thrown away, like broken or outdated electronics and items with hazardous materials inside such as batteries a few times each year. Here’s Scottsdale’s recycling dropoff schedule for 2016. Some of the items the site says it won’t accept it does take, including microwave ovens and batteries.